Pediatric Dermatologist Opportunity – Northeast Ohio
Akron Children’s Hospital
Ohio-based Akron Children’s Hospital seeks a Pediatric Dermatologist to join its expanding Division. Akron Children’s Hospital is the largest pediatric healthcare system in Northeast Ohio and is ranked among the best children’s hospitals by US News and World Report.
This integrated healthcare delivery system includes:
• Two free-standing pediatric hospitals
• Nearly 800 providers, who manage 900,000+ patient visits annually
• A network of more than 90 primary and specialty care locations
• The only inpatient/outpatient burn center in a 5 county service area that treats both pediatric
and adult patients.
The successful candidate will join an established team of providers treating a wide variety of pediatric dermatologic disorders including congenital disorders, acne, alopecia, connective tissue disease, psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, and genodermatose. Outpatient surgery services will be performed in Akron Children’s Hospital’s state-of-the-art outpatient surgery center located in the new Kay Jeweler’s Pavilion. Robust and integrated EMR with capabilities to provide telemedicine and other technologies to support regional care delivery is also supported.
This position offers opportunities for:
• Partnership with an established team of Pediatric Dermatology providers affording
exceptional work-life balance
• Active involvement in medical student and resident education; academic appointment at
Northeast Ohio Medical University is available and commensurate with experience
• Research and innovation available through the Rebecca D. Considine Research Institute and
• An attractive compensation plan that includes bonus compensation
Requirements include MD or DO degree, board eligibility/certification by the American Board of Dermatology with fellowship training in Pediatric Dermatology, and the ability to obtain an active medical license in the state of Ohio.
Akron Children’s Hospital is set in the beautiful Cuyahoga Valley, just minutes south of Cleveland. From major league attractions to small-town appeal, the greater Akron area has something for everyone. The area is rich in history and cultural diversity, and provides a stimulating blend of outstanding educational, cultural and recreational resources. This four-season community will have outdoor enthusiasts thrilled with over 40,000 acres of Metro Parks for year round enjoyment. Northeast Ohio has become a premiere destination to work, live, play, shop and dine!
Interested candidates may contact Jane Hensley, Physician Recruiter at 330-543-3015 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit our website at www.akronchildrens.org.
One Perkins Square
Akron, Ohio 44308
Copyright © 2018 | The Society for Pediatric Dermatology