Academic Pediatric Dermatologist
Arkansas Children's Hospital and University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
The College of Medicine (COM), Department of Dermatology at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) and Arkansas Children’s Hospital (ACH) invites applications for the Pediatric Dermatologist position to an academic appointment at an Assistant or Associate Professor level. This growing, dynamic department is suited for a candidate with enthusiasm for academic teaching and research, interest in building a professional niche, and desire to pursue current or future leadership opportunities.
• Predominantly outpatient clinical care of pediatric patients with a variety of dermatologic conditions at the Arkansas Children’s Hospital
• Clinical education for resident physicians, medical students, and other learners
• Inpatient consult and call coverage (shared with other faculty members)
• Participation in advancement of the educational and scholarly missions of the college through student/ resident mentorship of research and scholarship
• Support of, and contribution to a work environment that embraces the UAMS Core Values: integrity, respect, diversity and health equity, teamwork, creativity, excellence, and safety.
• Opportunities to treat adult patients at the UAMS general dermatology clinic, if desired
• Opportunities for leadership within the department based on interest and experience
• Opportunities and sponsorship for regional and national dermatologic society service
Joint affiliation and close cooperation with Arkansas Children’s Hospital (AHC) results in opportunities for high-quality pediatric dermatologic care, and ACH is the only tertiary referral center for pediatric dermatology in the state. All faculty members at ACH are faculty in the UAMS Department of Dermatology and this position offers the flexibility of exclusive or partial pediatric dermatology care. Our residents have opportunities to participate in care of pediatric patients from infancy to early adulthood. We have a large, well renowned vascular anomalies center led by our ENT colleagues, and we see a tremendous breadth of pediatric dermatologic disease.
• Competitive salaries in an area of the country with low cost of living
• UAMS is a qualifying organization of public student loan forgiveness
• UAMS recently rated 7th in Nation on Forbes Magazine’s Best Employers for Diversity List and top 30% of Employers for Women
• Comprehensive health benefits for staff and family, generous paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave benefits, and excellent retirement plan
• Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
There’s a real opportunity to make a big impact! Arkansas is a largely rural, under-resourced state, and our children’s hospital (Arkansas Children’s Hospital) serves as THE referral center in the state.
I would love to share more details with you and talk to you about your career goals!
Sara C Shalin, Chair of Dermatology
4301 W Markham St. #576
Little Rock, AR 72205
Copyright © 2024 | The Society for Pediatric Dermatology