The Dermatology Foundation regularly offers a Pediatric Dermatology Career Development Award ($55,000 annual salary stipend, renewable up to three years). Eligibility requirements and application instructions for the award are normally available by July 1 with an October 15 deadline for funding to begin July 1 of the following year. Additional details on the CDA can be found below or at dermatologyfoundation.org/rap
PEDIATRIC DERMATOLOGY CAREER DEVELOPMENT AWARD
The Pediatric Dermatology Career Development Award supports future intellectual leaders, educators, clinical scholars, and/or translational investigators in aspects of the specialty that relate to dermatologic diseases in infants and children.
$55,000 salary stipend
Applicant Eligibility Requirements:
- MD; MD & PhD; or DO degree
- Applicants with an MD; MD & PhD; or DO must be no greater than 12 years beyond their terminal degree at the time of funding.
- Completed a U.S. dermatology residency program and a U.S. pediatric dermatology fellowship program
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to skin research that can advance the field of pediatric dermatology
- Junior faculty member in a department/division of dermatology in the early stages of an academic career (through Assistant Professor level)
- Under the mentorship of an experienced educator, clinician, or laboratory-based investigator
- Mentor must have an academic appointment in dermatology or another program at the sponsoring institution that is approved by the dermatology chair.
- Strong institutional commitment for individual’s career development
- NOT a recipient of a federally funded career development award