The SPD and PeDRA jointly support an annual career development award - the Weston Pediatric Dermatology CDA - which provides $40,000 per year for up to two years of support for early-career pediatric dermatologists.
To learn more, visit pedraresearch.org/william-weston-career-development-award/ or email email@example.com.
Applications for the William Weston Pediatric Dermatology Career Development Award are due by Thursday, September 21, 2023.
Anna Cristina Garza-Mayers, MD, PhD
Massachusetts General Hospital
Identifying and Improving Gaps in the Care of Pediatric Vitiligo
This award supports career development of future leaders, educators, clinical scholars and/or translational investigators in pediatric dermatology.
Applicant Eligibility Requirements
- Must be a pediatric dermatologist residing in the United States or Canada.
- Must be a current member of PeDRA and/or SPD with a membership held at least one (1) year.
Must be met on or before July 1, 2024
- MD; DO; MD; PhD; or equivalent.
- Must be a faculty member in a department/division of dermatology, or fellow with a letter of commitment to be on faculty during the award period.
- Must be an early career investigator, defined as being no more than seven (7) years out of training.
- Must not be a recipient of another federally funded career development award. Those who have also applied for a Dermatology Foundation CDA are welcome to apply but will be ineligible for a Weston CDA if awarded a DF CDA.
Mentor Eligibility Requirements
- Must have an academic appointment in dermatology or another program at the sponsoring institution that is approved by the dermatology chair.
- Need not be a member of PeDRA and/or SPD.
- Please note that the SPD and PeDRA do not allow indirect costs to be covered by the funds provided to the award recipient. As such, please do not include indirects in the budget/budget justification portion of the application.