Arkansas Children's Hospital/ University of Arkansas Department of Dermatology
The College of Medicine (COM), Department of Dermatology at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) invites applications for the Dermatologist position to an academic appointment at an Assistant or Associate Professor level. This growing, dynamic department is suited for a candidate with enthusiasm for academic teaching and research, interest in building a professional niche, and desire to pursue future leadership opportunities.
- Flexible Schedule with protected time weekly for academic activities, mentorship, administrative tasks, and research
- Predominantly outpatient clinical care of patients with a variety of dermatologic conditions with personal interest and expertise in Pediatric dermatology (in association with our affiliated Arkansas Children’s Hospital)
- Spend quality time with your patient seeing 20 patients per day
- Clinical education for resident physicians, medical students, and other learners
- Inpatient consult and call coverage (shared with other faculty members)
- Participation in the advancement of the educational and scholarly missions of the college through student/ resident mentorship of research and scholarship
- Support of, and contribute to a work environment that embraces the UAMS Core Values: integrity, respect, diversity and health equity, teamwork, creativity, excellence, and safety.
- Opportunities for leadership within the department based on interest and experience
- Opportunities and sponsorship for regional and national dermatologic society service
- Opportunities for subspecialty program development
- Competitive base salary + annual wRVU production incentive
- Excellent benefits that include sign-on, relocation, 403(b) with a 5% employer contribution plus 10% match, 6.5 weeks of PTO/Sick leave, and student loan forgiveness
UAMS Department of Dermatology Mission Statement:
UAMS Dermatology Department strives to cultivate excellence in multiple domains. Our mission is to:
- Deliver quality, compassionate, and ethical medical care for diverse and medically complex patients across the state and region
- Provide intentional, creative, and respectful education and mentorship for future physicians and dermatologists in Arkansas and the nation
- Contribute to healthcare discoveries and innovation through meaningful research and scholarship
- Support community colleagues through collaboration, communication, and service
About The Department of Dermatology:
UAMS Dermatology is part of a collaborative healthcare organization focused on improving the health and well-being of Arkansans. We promote and support teamwork, diversity, equity, and inclusion. Faculty development to optimize career satisfaction is paramount. Our department fully embraces academic missions of high-quality clinical care, education, and research, with goals to expand outreach and dermatologic access to patients across the state. Clinical faculty see patients in our beautiful clinic space at the UAMS Cancer Institute, and faculty expertise spans complex medical dermatology, general dermatology, dermatopathology, and Mohs surgery. Specialty clinics exist for patients with cutaneous lymphoma and hidradenitis suppurativa, and we have a rich referral base from our community dermatologists across the state.
Joint affiliation and close cooperation with Arkansas Children’s Hospital (AHC) results in opportunities for high-quality pediatric dermatologic care, and ACH is the only tertiary referral center for pediatric dermatology in the state. All faculty members at ACH are faculty in the UAMS Department of Dermatology, and our residents have opportunities to participate in the care of pediatric patients from infancy to early adulthood.
A similar critical partnership exists with the Central Arkansas Veteran’s Healthcare System, with residents rotating daily at one of the busiest VA dermatology clinics in the country. Faculty have opportunities to have joint clinical or research appointments at the VA.
Our Dermatology Residency program trains 3 residents per year and is the only Dermatology residency training program in the state. Nearly three-quarters of dermatologists in the state can claim some connection to UAMS, either medical school, residency, or a current faculty appointment.
Approximately half of the practicing dermatologists in the state attended residency at UAMS. With a 100% board pass rate, graduates transition easily to fellowships and jobs of their choice.
Faculty research interests are broad and include cutaneous lymphoma, atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, hidradenitis suppurativa, and melanoma, and biomarker development, therapeutic innovations, pathway elucidation, and technological advancements are facilitated by collaborators across the institution. To learn more about the UAMS Department of Dermatology and recent departmental scholarly activity, please visit our website.
Community & Lifestyle:
- Living in Little Rock, you are surrounded by natural beauty at every turn and get to enjoy a four-season climate.
- Low cost of living and general quality of life made Outside magazine name it one of the “12 Best Places to Live.”
- Enjoy all the benefits of a large metro with a small-town feel.
- Outdoor lovers’ paradise as well, with great weather and numerous offerings of running/walking trails, mountain trails, bike paths, fishing, private and public golf courses, sports facilities, and captivating caverns and waterfalls.
- Enjoy your time in the River Market District, featuring restaurants, shops, bars, nightlife, museums, and so much more.
- Family-friendly communities that offer great public and private schools
Job Reference: DERM 23299
1 Children's Way
Little Rock, Arkansas 72202
Copyright © 2023 | The Society for Pediatric Dermatology