The Dermatology Foundation regularly offers a Pediatric Dermatology Career Development Award ($55,000 annual salary stipend, renewable up to three years). Eligibility requirements and application instructions for the award are normally available by July 1 with a deadline for October 15 for funding to begin July 1 of the following year.
Additional details on the CDA can be found below or at the DF website at: dermatologyfoundation.org/rap
PEDIATRIC DERMATOLOGY CAREER DEVELOPMENT AWARD
The Pediatric Dermatology Career Development Award supports future intellectual leaders, educators, clinical scholars, and/or translational investigators in aspects of the specialty that relate to dermatologic diseases in infants and children.
$55,000 salary stipend
Applicant Eligibility Requirements:
- M.D.; M.D.,Ph.D.; or D.O. degree
- Applicants with an M.D.; M.D., Ph.D.; or D.O. must be no greater than 12 years beyond their terminal degree at the time of funding
- Completed training in a US dermatology residency program and a US fellowship program in pediatric dermatology
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to skin research that can advance the field of pediatric dermatology
- Junior faculty member in a department/division of dermatology in the early stages of an academic career (through Assistant Professor level)
- Under the mentorship of an experienced educator, clinician or laboratory-based investigator
- Mentor must have an academic appointment in dermatology or another program at the sponsoring institution that is approved by the dermatology chair
- Strong institutional commitment for individual’s career development
- NOT a recipient of a federally funded career development award