The SPD has created a new career development award (CDA) - the Weston Pediatric Dermatology CDA offers $40,000 in support for one year (0.2 FTE). The award will be given every other year (2017, 2019, etc.) and the initial deadline will be December 21, 2016. The CDA takes the place of the Weston Research Award which will no longer be offered.
This award supports career development of future leaders, educators, clinical scholars and/or translational investigators in pediatric dermatology.
Applicant Eligibility Requirements
- Must be a Pediatric Dermatologist residing in the United States or Canada
- Must be a current member of the SPD and been a member for a minimum of two (2) years
must be met on or before July 1, 2017
- MD; MD, PhD; or DO degree
- Completed training in a U.S. or Canadian dermatology residency program
- Junior faculty member in a department/division of dermatology in the early stages of an academic career (through Assistant Professor level) or acceptance letter (fellow committing to be on faculty)
- Basic science, clinically or translationally-oriented investigator in the early stages of academic career
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to skin research that can advance the field of pediatric dermatology
- Under the mentorship of an experienced educator, clinician or laboratory-based investigator
- Mentor must have an academic appointment in dermatology or another program at the sponsoring institution that is approved by the dermatology chair
- Strong institutional commitment for individual's career development
- NOT a recipient of another federally funded career development award. Those who have also applied for a Dermatology Foundation (DF) CDA are welcome to apply but will be ineligible for a Weston CDA if awarded a DF CDA.
- Please note that the SPD does not allow indirect costs to be covered by the funds provided to the award recipient. As such, please do not include indirects in the budget / budget justification portion of the application.