To apply for membership fill out our online Membership Application
or print out membership application (click here for pdf form)
The following lists the criteria for membership with the Society for Pediatric Dermatology:
- Any physician who has completed requirements for either the American Board of Dermatology and/or the American Board of Pediatrics or their equivalent determined by the Membership Committee who has evidenced an interest in pediatric skin and its diseases shall be eligible to be an active member.
- A non-dermatologist or non-pediatrician with M.D., D.O or Ph.D. degree whose work is related to the investigative aspect of skin and its diseases in children shall be eligible to be an active member.
- Any individual engaged full-time in a training program in dermatology or pediatrics or in a basic science relating to the study of skin disease in children shall be eligible for resident/fellow membership for the period during which he/she remains in that status providing the period does not exceed six years.
- Any individual who has evidenced an interest in pediatric dermatology who does not meet the requirements for active membership may be considered for associate membership in the Society. The dues for such membership will be the same as for active membership.
Election To Membership
Each application will be reviewed individually by the Chair of the Membership Committee prior to presentation for approval by the membership at the Society's annual meeting.
Types and Fees
Active members are pediatric dermatologists, pediatricians or general dermatologists who see children.
Active Members may hold office or membership on committees, vote at the meetings of the Society, receive newsletters and publications of the Society, including Pediatric Dermatology.
- Initiation & First Year Membership Fee:
Practicing Physicians in US, Canada and Mexico - $325
Practicing Physicians in all other countries - $350
- Renewal Fee:
Practicing Physicians in US, Canada and Mexico - $285 ($310 after January 1)
Practicing Physicians in all other countries - $300 ($325 after January 1)
1st through 3rd Year in Practice (post residency or fellowship) - $150
Resident/Fellow members are trainees from recognized residency or fellowship programs as well as medical students interested in pediatric dermatology.
Resident/Fellow members are eligible for free membership which will include the newsletters, online access to the journal, Pediatric Dermatology, and will have the privilege of attending the meetings of the Society. They will not be eligible to vote or to hold office or membership on committees. A Resident/Fellow member can choose to pay a fee and receive a print copy of the journal.
- Residents and Fellows - Free
Associate members are physician extenders/midlevels, research scientists, patient advoacy group representatives and pharmaceutical company partners.
Associate members will receive the newsletters and the journal, Pediatric Dermatology, and will have the privilege of attending the meetings of the Society. They will not be eligible to vote or to hold office or membership on committees.
- Initiation & First Year Membership Fee: $325
- Renewal Fee: $285 ($310 after January 1)
Retired members are pediatric dermatologists, pediatricians or general dermatologists who see children who have been long-time members of the SPD (15 years or more) and are no longer in active practice. Retired members may serve on committees, vote at Society meetings, receive newsletters and publications of the Society, including Pediatric Dermatology, but they may not hold office. To request Retired member status (and discounted membership dues), an active member must contact the SPD for approval.
- New membership includes an initiation fee of $100, the first year's dues of $100 and the rest is the yearly subscription rate for Pediatric Dermatology. For physicians outside the US, Canada and Mexico. the increased fee is to cover the cost of additional postage.
- Physicians in developing countries are eligible for discounted renewal fees upon request to the SPD and approval of the Membership Committee.
- All fees are payable in US funds drawn on a US bank.
- All money will be refunded if your membership application is not approved by the Membership Committee. If you have any questions or need further information, call SPD at (317) 202-0224 or email email@example.com.