To apply for membership fill out our online Membership Application
or print out membership application (click here for pdf form)
The following lists the criteria for membership with the Society for Pediatric Dermatology:
- Any physician who has completed requirements for either the American Board of Dermatology and/or the American Board of Pediatrics or their equivalent determined by the Membership Committee who has evidenced an interest in pediatric skin and its diseases shall be eligible to be an active member.
- A non-dermatologist or non-pediatrician with M.D., D.O or Ph.D. degree whose work is related to the investigative aspect of skin and its diseases in children shall be eligible to be an active member.
- Any individual engaged full-time in a training program in dermatology or pediatrics or in a basic science relating to the study of skin disease in children shall be eligible for resident/fellow membership for the period during which he/she remains in that status providing the period does not exceed six years.
- Any individual who has evidenced an interest in pediatric dermatology who does not meet the requirements for active membership may be considered for associate membership in the Society. The dues for such membership will be the same as for active membership.
Election To Membership
Each application will be reviewed individually by the Chair of the Membership Committee prior to presentation for approval by the membership at the Society's annual meeting.
Rights and Privileges
Active Members may hold office or membership on committees, vote at the meetings of the Society, receive newsletters and publications of the Society (Pediatric Dermatology).
Resident/Fellow members are eligible for free membership which will include the newsletters, online access to the journal, Pediatric Dermatology, and will have the privilege of attending the meetings of the Society. They will not be eligible to vote or to hold office or membership on committees. A Resident/Fellow member can choose to pay a reduced membership fee and receive a print copy of the journal, Pediatric Dermatology.
Associate members will receive the newsletters and the journal, Pediatric Dermatology and will have the privilege of attending the meetings of the Society. They will not be eligible to vote or to hold office or membership on committees.
Any group or corporation which has evidenced interest in pediatric dermatology and provides a substantial contribution (minimum $25,000) to the Society may be considered for SPD Sustaining Membership. Sustaining members will be recognized on a year-around basis within society publications, on our website and at educational meetings and be provided with additional benefits as indicated here. Sustaining members may designate up to five (5) individual representatives to receive a subscription for the journal Pediatric Dermatology, newsletters and invitations to attend all meetings of the Society. These members will not be able to attend the business meetings of the Society or to hold office or membership on committees.
- Practicing Physicians in US, Canada and Mexico - $325 (renewal fee is $285 before Jan. 1.)
- Practicing Physicians in all other countries - $350
- Residents and Fellows - Free
- Associate - $325 (open to anyone who does not meet the requirements for categories above)
- The membership fee covers an initiation fee of $100.00, the first year's dues of $75 and the rest is the yearly subscription rate for Pediatric Dermatology. For physicians outside the U.S. the increased fee is to cover the cost of additional postage.
- Physicians in developing countries must have written committee approval.
- All fees are payable in US funds drawn on a US bank.
- All money will be refunded if your membership application is not approved by the Committee. If you have any questions or need further information, call SPD at (317) 202-0224 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.