Pediatric Dermatology (Position 17000264)
Children's National Medical Center, Washington, DC
Pediatric Dermatologist - (17000264)
Children's National is the leading provider of pediatric care in the Washington, DC, area. Our team of 6,000+ employees provide world-class care in a warm and caring environment designed with kids in mind. Children’s National is a Magnet® designated hospital and is consistently ranked among the best pediatric hospitals in America by U.S. News and World Report (#5 in 2018 – with all measured subspecialties ranked in the Top Ten nationwide).
We’re more than just a hospital, we’re a health system for kids. From our main hospital to our outpatient centers and primary care facilities, we are dedicated to serving children’s health needs in any illness or injury.
We have a great opening! Our Dermatology Division is seeking a dynamic Dermatologist to join the team. Responsibilities will include outpatient clinics at Children's Main campus as well as satellite locations, inpatient consultations, and the use of telemedicine. The individual will assist in teaching residents in Dermatology and Pediatrics; medical students, pediatric fellows and other member of the health care team. There will be additional advocacy & administrative responsibilities and opportunities to engage in clinical and basic science research.
1. Candidate should be a well-trained clinician-educator who is fully capable of managing inpatient and outpatient tertiary care consultations; clinical dermatology in a community clinic for 1 day/week; education of medical students, residents, and pediatricians; participation in multidisciplinary clinics; and engage in (and encourage others to engage in) scholarly activities.
2. Candidate will assist in the supervision and mentoring of (A) dermatology residents from George Washington University; Georgetown University/Washington Hospital Center; Howard University; and Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. (B) pediatrics residents from CNMC and several other programs. (C) medical students from Georgetown, George Washington, and Howard Universities. (D) nurse practitioner students from Johns Hopkins and Catholic Universities. In addition, the candidate will assist the Division Chief in further strengthening the collaboration with the NIH Dermatology Branch, NIAID, and other federal agencies.
3. Candidate will assist in the development of clinical & academic programs; and who can thrive in an environment where the clinical, research, and operational demands will increase as the program becomes more robust.
4. The ideal candidate is highly with creative, energetic, possessing strong leadership skills, and committed to building an environment based on esprit-des-corps.
1. MD/DO degree from an accredited medical school.
2. Completion of an American Board of Dermatology-recognized dermatology residency.
3. Medical Licensure in DC.
Dermatology Division, CNMC, 111 Michigan Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20815
Scott Norton, MD, MPH
202 476 3395/5065
202 476 4333
Copyright © 2019 | The Society for Pediatric Dermatology