Assistant Professor or Associate Professor of Pediatric Dermatology
LSU Health, Department of Dermatology, New Orleans, Louisiana
Louisiana State University Health Science Center, Department of Dermatology is recruiting a pediatric dermatologist to expand patient care, resident education, and faculty development. Appointment will be made at the academic rank of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor (non-tenure, clinical track) depending on qualifications. The proposed start date is August 2020. Pediatricians beginning fellowship training, recent graduates, and established specialists should apply.
The position will be based at Children’s Hospital, located in the historic Garden District of New Orleans. Children’s Hospital is a 247 bed not-for-profit pediatric medical center offering a complete range of healthcare resources for children from birth to age 21. The hospital is currently undergoing a 300 million dollar renovation including outpatient and clinic expansion.
1. Competitive salary and support for continuing education opportunities and potential for additional incentives
2. Comprehensive benefits-outstanding retirement package
3. Low call frequency
4. Residency supervision in clinics
5. Resident first call
6. Join dermatologists practicing in pediatric dermatology with opportunities to further develop this service line
7. Resurgent economy, professional sports, unparalleled cultural experiences
8. Eight (8) half-day clinics/week
9. Opportunity for excision and cutaneous laser surgery
10. Participate in didactics to our outstanding residents
Let us let you feel the enthusiasm and compassion of our providers. It would be a trip that will let you “know what it means to miss New Orleans”.
• Licensed to practice medicine in Louisiana before hire date
• Board certified/ board eligible (or equivalent) in Pediatric Dermatology
About the School
The LSUHSC School of Medicine in New Orleans encourages women and minority candidates to submit applications for this position.
The School of Medicine does not participate in sponsoring faculty candidates for the Department of Health and Hospital’s Conrad 30 program.
Qualified applicants should submit a CV and cover letter online. https://lsuh.sc/jobs/?id=3475
LSU Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer for females, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans
1542 Tulane Avenue, Rm 639
New Orleans, LA 70112
Brian Lee, MD
Copyright © 2019 | The Society for Pediatric Dermatology